7.31.2013

Salad for One! (chicken, veggies, cottage cheese and evoo)

Sometimes salads sound so blaaaaaah.  Sometimes all you need though, is a new mix of salad ingredients to reinvigorate your salad love.  Example - one day my weight watchers leader said 'I love to mix cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, feta, evoo and salt'! I went home, made that salad, and then ate it practically every day for weeks!  Here is an easy salad that I made in an effort to use up some CSA veggies. Also, I am a quantity eater, and I love that this salad is huge, filled my WHOLE plate and made me full. It is packed with protein and made for a great dinner for one!

Servings: 1
Size: 1 salad!
Points Plus: 9 pp (keep in mind this salad is HUGE and could be split in 1/2)
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Rating: 3 stars - Good

Ingredient List: 
1 handful of mixed greens
4 oz. rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup sliced cucumber
1/2 tomato
2 T. fat free feta
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
4 basil leaves, chopped
1 t. olive oil
Kosher salt

Directions:
Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt, then toss.  Put on a plate and enjoy!

Tip:
1. I love using cottage cheese as salad dressing, try it! 2. There is something about tossing your salad together at home that makes it feel fancier, try it!

XOXO Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment