2.11.2014

Grapefruit Raspberry Salad

During these cold winter months I long for the days of fresh fruit and sunshine.  I normally don't like fruit salad, I always envision squishy over-ripe bananas.  I saw a simple fruit salad in Real Simple Magazine last month which inspired me to create the one below!  I used mostly fruit that is in season, and the pinks, reds and oranges together are so pretty - ESPECIALLY for Valentines day.  So whip up this easy concoction and serve it to your love with breakfast in bed (or in the car on the way to work, which is how I will be enjoying my Valentines day breakfast with my husband)

Servings: 2
Servings Size: about 1.5 cups
Points Plus: 0pp
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small peices
1 pt. raspberries
1 mango, peeled and cut into peices

Directions
This is a simple fruit salad!  Just chop, mix and enjoy!  The colors are very V-day'esk, so this recipe will help get you in the spirit!

Tip
When cutting a grapefruit, peel it and THEN cut it into chunks, instead of the other way around.  MUCH easier!

**PS:  I apologize for the horrible photo!  In a pinch, I had to take a photo of my camera screen with my phone and edit that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment