2.07.2014

Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower

Have you heard the rumors of a Sriracha shortage?  I went to a few different grocery stores last weekend and couldn't find it anywhere.  And as the lady in a household that just LOVES Sriracha I panicked!  I did! And then I went to another store and found it so everything was/is ok.  I also found a recipe for it, which I would love to try in the coming days. So if there is ever a Sriracha shortage again I won’t panic. You might think cauliflower coated in Sriracha and roasted to perfection would be super spicy and unbearable.  Well, the truth is, when you cook it the flavor gets pretty mild, the combo of other sauce ingredients are the perfect mix for this low point veggie side! This recipe is from my new favorite food blog, iamafoodblog!

Servings: 3
Serving Size: About 2 cups
Points Plus: 3pp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients List
1 T olive oil
1 t sesame oil
2 t soy sauce
2 t rice wine vinegar
2 T Sriracha
1 head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
Chopped cilantro and lime wedges to serve

Instruction
Preheat the oven to 450°F.

Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Arrange the cauliflower on a lined baking sheet (don’t crowd them!) and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until tender.

Enjoy hot with cilantro and lime.

Tip

Serve these right out of the oven so they maintain their crunch.  I ate some as leftovers the next night, and although they were delish, they were a little, well, not crunchy!

XOXO- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment