2.20.2014

Pepperoni & Green Olive Pizza

Okay I can’t resist sharing ONE more Valentine’s day recipe with you!!!  This is a fun little tradition my husband and I started on our first Valentine’s day together.  We’ve continued it for the past three years and I just think it’s so fun!  Instead of going out for an expensive dinner when it’s impossible to get a reservation unless you thought ahead and booked something a month in advance, why not just stay home and make dinner?  Better yet, make a HEART-shaped pizza! :)

I also know that I’ve posted a few variations already of our homemade pizza, but this combo was so delicious that I had to share with all of you.  Both Paul and I love green olives, but if you are more of a fan of the black olive variety feel free to sub those in instead.

Servings:  6
Size:  1/6 of the pizza
Points Plus: 7pp
Level of Difficulty:  Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time:  15-20 minutes

Ingredient List:
1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough, classic style crust
1 can pizza sauce (4 oz)
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
18 slices of turkey pepperoni
8 large green olive, sliced
1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella, park-skim
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Cooking spray

Directions:
Lightly grease a pizza pan.  Open the can of pizza dough and shape into a heart shaped pizza, gently working the dough outward.  Cook the crust according to the directions on the package, which suggests you pre-bake the crust for 5-7 minutes first before you add sauce and toppings.  After the crust is pre-baked, take the pizza out and evenly spread the can of pizza sauce on top of the crust.  Sprinkle oregano over the pizza sauce.  Next, add the cheese and place the pepperoni slices and green olives on top.  Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
Tip:
Katie recently introduced me to the wheat Pillsbury crust and I have to say… I might like it even better than the regular white flour kind!  Try it out and see what you prefer. 
XOXO Megan

2 comments: