8.22.2013

The Perfect Poached Egg

Dinner tonight (pictured below) did not fully turn out. In an effort to utilize some CSA Lacinato Kale I sauteed some up with chopped onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper. My plan was to top it with the perfect poached egg, and it seemed wonderful in my head, but I must admit, I think kale is gross.  I haven't been able to figure out a way to cook it without using a ton of fat, so I suppose I wont be making it again any time soon!  (meanwhile my husband is making his second dinner of NACHOS in the kitchen, boooooo I want nachos!!!)  Anyways, lucky for me the perfect poached egg turned out amazing.  Follow these simple instructions below.

Serving: 1
Serving Size: 1 poached egg
Points plus: 2pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 2:30-3 minutes
Rating: 5 - Excellent


Ingredients:
1 raw egg
1 t. vinegar

Directions:
Fill a pan with water and bring to a low boil.  Add vinegar and reduce heat so water is just slightly boiling. Crack egg into a small bowl.  Using a spoon, create a clockwise tornado in the pan with the water.  When you have your tornado going drop the egg in FAST to the outside of the pan.  The tornado will help to have the egg sort of catch itself and stay together.  Let the egg cook for 2:30-3 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon.  Tip with a tad of salt and a tad of pepper!

Tip:
Even if you want to, do not try and poach more than one egg at a time.  They will not turn out right.  But if you follow the instructions above they will turn out perfect every time!

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment