7.15.2014

Hummus Melts

These tasty little hummus melts remind me a bit of a tuna melt!  I am not a huge fan of tuna, but I do love hummus and saw these on Pinterest and wanted to recreate it myself.  I picked some of my favorite veggies to layer on top of the hummus and topped each open-faced sammie with some shredded mozzarella.  Easy peasy weeknight dinner!

Servings: 2
Serving Size: 1 English muffin - open-faced 
Points Plus: 5pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
2 English muffins
4 Tbsp. hummus
1 medium tomato, sliced
1/3 cucumber, sliced
Kosher salt
4 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella, reduced-fat

Directions:
Toast the English muffins in your toaster and top each 1/2 with 1 Tbsp. of hummus.  Layer on the veggies starting with a slice of tomato on each half.  Sprinkle the top of the tomato with a dash of kosher salt to really bring out the flavor.  Layer thinly sliced cucumbers on top of the tomato and finish with 1 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella.  Place all 4 English muffin halves on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Serve immediately!

Tip:
I think these would be really good with some fresh basil added to the veggie layer!  You could also add in some baby spinach too.

XOXO Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment