7.17.2014

Refrigerator Iced Tea

I really like a tall glass of iced tea on a hot summer day!  The best part about iced tea (well, unsweeted iced tea) is that it's is ZERO points!!!  Did you know it's really quite simple to make your own iced tea at home?  You really just need a good pitcher and some loose leaf tea!

Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1 cup
Points Plus: ZERO!
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Steep Time: 8-12 hours in the fridge

Ingredients:
1 2-quart glass pitcher
2 tea bags
8 tsp. loose leaf tea
8 cups water

Directions:
Fill the pitcher with cold water.  Add 4 tsp. of loose leaf tea to each tea bag and secure each by tying into a knot.  I prefer to use black or green tea for iced tea.  Drop the prepped tea bags into the pitcher and place in the fridge.  You want to allow the tea plenty of time to steep (or soak up the delicious flavors from the loose leaf tea). 

Both black and green tea come in MANY different flavors!  You can find peach, raspberry, lemon, pomegrante, etc!  My favorite place to buy tea is a store near my mom's house called Fava Tea, but you can find it at specialty tea stores like Teavana too!

Tip:
When I am craving some fresh brewed iced tea, I typically make a pitcher right before I go to bed.  This way the tea has plenty of time to steep overnight and is ready for lunch the next day!

XOXO Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment