4.18.2014

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla

I am not sure why the idea of non-Mexican themed quesadillas has never entered my mind before.  But it's true! There are so many more options for this tasty sandwich than chicken, beans, Mexican cheese, salsa and sour cream (don't get me wrong, I love those too).  Switching the chicken up with a BBQ flavor was a suggestion of a friend, and I went from there.  There are many more quesadillas in my future, and your future, but start with these flavors for an easy week night dinner!

Servings: 1
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla cut into 4 pieces
Points Plus: 6
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
2 corn tortillas
1/8 cup reduced cheddar cheese
2 T of your FAV BBQ sauce, divided
2 oz (1/2 cup) chicken (I used rotisserie)
2 T red onion, diced small
Cooking spray

Directions
In a small bowl mix your chicken with 1 T of BBQ sauce. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray.  Place your tortilla on the pan and layer on the chicken, onion and cheese.  Top with the second tortilla and cook about 3 minutes on each side, until crispy.

Tip
There is nothing easier than picking up a rotisserie chicken at the store and having it for dinner that night.  The hardest part of this easy meal is picking the chicken off the bones (a job reserved for husbands...am I right??) It is easiest to pick the meat off when the chicken is still hot, and the putting it into a Tupperware for other meals throughout the week.

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment