3.26.2014

Baked Avocados with Quinoa, Tomatoes and Feta

As you may know, I am on a continued quest to like avocado.  Well, I decided I do like it, when it's warmed up!  In fact I love it when it's warmed up.  This recipe, originally found here and slightly modified, was seriously a 10 people, and very filling. I want to eat warmed up avocados every day!

Servings: 2
Serving Size: Half of recipe or about 1 1/2 cups
Points Plus: 8pp
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredient List:
1 rip avocado
1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
1/4 cup reduced fat feta
1 rip tomato, diced
Salt + pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Cut your avocado in half and remove the seed.  Remove the inside of the avocado, carefully cut into small cubes and place in a bowl. Add cooked brown rice or quinoa, diced tomato and salt + pepper to taste.  Carefully mix in the feta.  Put mixture in an oven safe baking dish and bake until warmed, about 10 minutes.

Tip:
Here comes the weird part.  The original recipe says to stuff each half of the avocado with the filling you just made.  I found that there was way too much filling to fill the avocado halves.  So, I stuffed about 1/4 of the mixture into the two avocado halves and ate the rest of my portion on mixed greens (yum, but I know I know, not warmed).  Try it both ways everyone! Stay tuned for many more warmed avocado recipes! Also - try something new every day!

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment