3.12.2014

Hungry Girl Crock Pot BBQ Chicken

Ok - for real - we ate this recipe so fast that I forgot to take a picture! It was crazy (crazy good haha).  In a quest to love my crock pot I gave this easy recipe a whirl.   What is easier than dumping a few simple ingredients into a crock and turning it on? You might think to yourself, why not just put the chicken into my crock with store bought BBQ sauce, that would be easier? Well people, home made is always better and I could for sure taste the difference in this sauce vs. a store bought! This chicken is delish on a bun, on a salad or just on a plate!

Servings: 6
Servings Size: 1/2 cup
Points Plus: 4pp
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Photo from www.hungrygirl.com
Ingredient List:
3 chicken breasts
1 cup canned marinara sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
Put all ingredients except chicken in the crock and give it a stir. Add the chicken and coat with sauce. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.  When the chicken is done cooking remove it from the crock and shred it using two forks.  Return it to the crock, stir, and serve!

Tip:
This chicken freezes extremely well. It is a long story, but trust me I know ;)

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment