5.07.2014

Arugula Salad w. Watermelon & Feta

I am trying to venture out and try new things that I previously haven't enjoyed.  Item #1...fruit in salad!!!  And sweet salad dressing, don't even get me started... I don't know why, but these flavor combos give me the heebie jeebies. But I have heard such great things about the combination of watermelon and feta I decided to try this ridiculously easy salad.  And it was great!  I actually forgot to add the olive oil to the dressing and you know what, it was delish!  No EVOO needed people - which also makes the dressing and recipe very low in pp.

Servings: 4
Serving Size: About 1.5 cups
Points Plus: 3pp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
Salad
3 oz baby arugula, cleaned
3 oz baby spinach, cleaned
2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup scallions, both white and green parts
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
3 oz low fat feta, crumbled

Dressing
Juice of one orange (about 1/4 cup)
Juice of one lemon (about 1/8 cup)
1 shallot, minced
1 T honey
1 t kosher salt
1/2 t black pepper

Directions:
This is pretty easy people! To make the dressing - add all ingredients to a bowl and wish until everything is evenly blended. Cover and put your dressing in the fridge until you are ready to use.  I use one of these handy pampered chef salad makers, which makes measuring and mixing a breeze!

To make the salad - put all salad in a bowl and toss.

To assemble - either put your dressing over the salad to serve, or serve the dressing on the side allowing each guest to add their desired amount.

Tip:
My dinner guest, Helen :), always suggest buying a brick of feta and crumbling it yourself. The flavor is considerably better!

XOXO - Katie

Salad dressing inspired by this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment