9.23.2014

Broccoli, Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Pizza

Hi there! I'm Nancy, Megan's Mom and Katie's Aunt!  I love finding and trying new recipes.  Sometimes I even bravely try them out for the first time when I have guests over!  Sometimes I like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen cooking and others I just want to get it done, quick and simple.  Any way you look at it thought I like to eat healthy and tend to go meatless most of the time.  I like to show others that you can eat yummy meals that are plant based only!  I'm also excited that Megan & Katie decided to let me be a guest blogger!  Enjoy my recipes!

The flavor in this pizza is really big for only a few ingredients!  The sun dried tomatoes are packed with flavor and roasted broccoli has a delicious, caramelized, seasoned taste to it.  Mushrooms are the perfect complement to this trio of veggies.  String cheese is probably not what you usually think of for pizza, but is a great innovative idea for pizza cheese!

Servings: 3
Serving Size: 1/3 of pizza
Points Plus: 6pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 12 inch thin whole wheat pizza crust (I used Golden Home Ultra Thin)
1 cup broccoli florets, roasted
1/4 cup. sun dried tomatoes, diced
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
6 light string cheese sticks

Directions:
Spread the broccoli evenly over the pizza crust.  Next, add the diced sun dried tomatoes and finally layer on the mushrooms.  Separate the string cheese into 8 pieces per stick and distribute evenly on top of the pizza.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  Slice and enjoy!

Tip:
I like to cut my pizza into narrow slices because it makes it seem like I have more to eat and dinner takes a little bit more time this way.

XOXO Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment