9.03.2014

Chinese Chicken Salad

In an effort to same some cash money and even some calories, I have committed to packing my lunch.  After eating out for lunch every day for almost 8 years, this has proven to be a difficult habit to break in the past, until the last 11 days!!  I have packed my lunch for the past 11 days ya'all! In my days of eating out I looked at packing a lunch like the most difficult task ever, but really, with a wee bit of planning, it is really quite an easy thing to do.  This Chinese chicken salad recipe is a great go to for lunch packing, comes together in a flash, and stays good in the fridge.  I packed it three days in a row!  Really it couldn't be easier, or healthier!

Servings: 5
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
Points Plus: 5pp for salad alone, 7pp for salad on a Flat Out light wrap
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

1 16 oz package of broccoli slaw (easy to find at Trader Joes)
1 small can of mandarin oranges
1 cup diced scallions, white and green parts
12 oz cooked chicken breast, skin removed (you could use rotisserie)
3/4 cup how fat sesame salad dressing (I used Newman's Own Lighten Up!)

Directions
In a large bowl mix together first four ingredients. Pour on dressing and stir. This salad is served cold. Place one serving of this delish salad in a Flat Out light wrap and pack away for a tasty lunch!

Tip
I can never ever remember a simple way to roast a chicken breast. I think I have finally figured it out. For a recipe like this, simple salt and pepper a chicken breast and bake at 350 for 30 mins. That's it people! Super easy but still a lot of flavor.

XOXO - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment