9.22.2014

Potato Wedges

Hello fellow food lovers, my name is Laura and I am a sister and cousin to Katie and Megan, respectively.  I am super excited to be a guest blogger this month!  My fiancé and I LOVE cooking, but probably LOVE eating more. Trying new recipes is always fun for us as well as trying to make them healthier.  I absolutely love fruits and veggies and have an obsession with goldfish crackers (yes I have ate a whole container in one sitting, all approximately 25 WW points plus worth, it was delicious and I had to go for a loooooooooong bike ride that week!).  Any who, hopefully you find my recipes as good as I think they are and I am looking forward to being a guest blogger!  Happy and healthy eating :)

Who doesn't love potatoes?! Everyone does, I mean they even grew a potato in space (did you know that?  Got to love the internet!).  Here is a recipe for an amazingly, tasty recipe for healthy potato wedges that can be made at home, but taste like deep fried restaurant ones.  They are a perfect sid ego any meal. :)

Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 potato (8 wedges)
Points Plus: 5pp
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook/Bake Time: 45 minutes


Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes
4 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. dried parsley

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with tinfoil.  Wash and scrub potatoes.  Cut into 8 wedges per potato and place in a large bowl.  Add the oil and all spices to the potatoes and stir until evenly coated.  Pour potatoes onto covered pan, making sure to spread out the slices evenly.  Make sure you have the potato side side down on the foil, this helps with even cooking and prevents them from sticking to the pan.  Bake for 45 minutes, checking halfway through and stirring with tongs.  Once the wedges are done cooking you should be able to easily put a fork through the slices.

Tip:
I have a few favorite spices I also add for specific flavoring depending on what I'm in the mood for.  If you are looking for some heat, add a pinch or two of chili powder and paprika.  Another favorite is Old Bay seasoning (typically used for cooking fish and chicken, but is also delicious on potato wedges).  Lastly, Northwoods Seasoning from Penzeys Spices is fantastic and adds a unique flavor combo.

XOXO - Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment